Pioneer AVH-2400BT

wilsy7

Hey guys,

Gonna buy one of these I think, tired of burning Stone Age audio CDs lol just a few questions, they look like a good unit and get good reviews and think a few on here have them. How simple or hard will installation be? This will be my first head unit install :) and the most important thing really will it be compatible with my iPhone 5? Just plug the cable into the USB port and fire away? Or use the AUX port? wonder if there is a place on the back of the unit i could run a lead to the glove box or somehwere to store the phone so not to have wires hanging? Also if someone could post a link to the piece of trim surround that I need to install that would be great to make sure I get the right one lol anything else I will need? Removal keys for stereo? My friend has some for his mk4 Ibiza would if those would be suffice?

Many thanks in advance all

Jordan

Edited by wilsy7

I've got one of these units in my van, and I reckon its a tidy piece of kit. Can't comment on your iphone compatibility, but the unit I have has front USB and SD ports. Shouldn't be too difficult to fit either. I've recently put a Pioneer double din unit in the Fabia, and apart from the red / yellow wire swop over on the unit harness it was straightforward enough. There's not a fantastic amount of space behind the unit for the car and unit harness, aerial and BT mic, so you may need some subtle trimming. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference in sound quality from the unit, even if your running standard speakers!

I'm assuming the trim piece you refer to is the small dash piece for the top of the unit?? The part no is 6Y0 857 231 B41, and its only a couple of quid from the dealer. Tidy!!

Happy days dude........

I have one of these and in my opinion its a briliant head unit!

The double din is great for iphone compatability. You can browse through all your music on it asif it was the iphone itself.

Also there is a way to use it as a screen for your apps (tomtom / maps would be useful!) i beleive but i havent done this yet.

Carl

I've got one of these units in my van, and I reckon its a tidy piece of kit. Can't comment on your iphone compatibility, but the unit I have has front USB and SD ports. Shouldn't be too difficult to fit either. I've recently put a Pioneer double din unit in the Fabia, and apart from the red / yellow wire swop over on the unit harness it was straightforward enough. There's not a fantastic amount of space behind the unit for the car and unit harness, aerial and BT mic, so you may need some subtle trimming. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference in sound quality from the unit, even if your running standard speakers!

I'm assuming the trim piece you refer to is the small dash piece for the top of the unit?? The part no is 6Y0 857 231 B41, and its only a couple of quid from the dealer. Tidy!!

Happy days dude........

Thanks mate, what do you mean by the red yellow wire swap over?

Thanks

I have one of these and in my opinion its a briliant head unit!

The double din is great for iphone compatability. You can browse through all your music on it asif it was the iphone itself.

Also there is a way to use it as a screen for your apps (tomtom / maps would be useful!) i beleive but i havent done this yet.

Carl

Thanks for the reply, do you have an iPhone 5? And yeh I seen that on one of the vids on YouTube looked good, looking forward to having a play :)

Thanks

This may or may not apply, but at least you've got a heads up on it. :thumbup:

The Pioneer harness for the rear of the unit may have two wires (red & yellow) separated by male / female bullet connectors. You shouldn't need an adaptor harness between the car and unit wiring, but the connections for these two coloured wires need to be swopped around, ie red to yellow / yellow to red. I had to call in some help of the forum when I fitted mine. Sounds daunting, but its a super quick fix. I'll see if I can find the posting I put up and the responses.....

........found it!! http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/251154-fitting-a-pioneer-dd-hu-in-fabia-1-vrs/

Hope this helps.

Thanks

iirc when i bought my unit (brand new) it came with 2 sets of wires & pin connectors. 1st one i tried worked but didnt remember anything after the ignition was off. Tried the 2nd set and everything worked as it should :).

This may or may not apply, but at least you've got a heads up on it. :thumbup:

The Pioneer harness for the rear of the unit may have two wires (red & yellow) separated by male / female bullet connectors. You shouldn't need an adaptor harness between the car and unit wiring, but the connections for these two coloured wires need to be swopped around, ie red to yellow / yellow to red. I had to call in some help of the forum when I fitted mine. Sounds daunting, but its a super quick fix. I'll see if I can find the posting I put up and the responses.....

........found it!! http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/251154-fitting-a-pioneer-dd-hu-in-fabia-1-vrs/

Hope this helps.

Great! Should be straight forward enough then :) famous last words!! Lol