VCDS 11.11

Grantson

I picked up a VCDS cable on ebay

its suposedly hex/can bus

ive installed vcds 11.11 curent version from the website,

The test picks up the interface as expected but but it cant see the car.

Tried to connect to the engine, instrument & central conv controllers but none of them respond

Ive also tested the diagnostic port using a bluetooth obd2 adapter and torque on my phone and it can read as expected

Do I have a duff cable or is there anything obvious im missing?

Got it working eventually

I got the cable delivered to work when it arrived took the cable and CD out of the envelope and missed the instructions sheet explaining about disconnecting the internet, modifying the hosts file etc etc so it cant call home and its now working

Weird thing is when i tested it the 1st time i was sat in Asda's car park and nowhere near the internet :S

but now auto door locking

single click unlock

lock/unlock beep and instrument pannel staging all set :)

Got it working eventually

I got the cable delivered to work when it arrived took the cable and CD out of the envelope and missed the instructions sheet explaining about disconnecting the internet, modifying the hosts file etc etc so it cant call home and its now working

Weird thing is when i tested it the 1st time i was sat in Asda's car park and nowhere near the internet :S

but now auto door locking

single click unlock

lock/unlock beep and instrument pannel staging all set :)

In that case it clearly sounds like it is a clone, so don't expect any assistance with it then.

When I bought my lead from Gendan earlier in the year there was no CD, the software was downloaded from the Ross-Tech site. The first time the lead was used it identified itself by going on line, the second time I used it, it went on line again and told me there was a software update. There should be a label on the head with a serial number, maybe you could try checking the number with Ross-Tech. It does sound like a clone.