Lowering a Fabia

walejase

After fitting the 17" Spiders i'm thinking about lowering ther car a bit. It just looks like its on stilts at the min!

Am I right in thinking I need new droplinks if I go for something like the JOM coilovers? http://www.jomcoilovers.com/coilovers.php?car=19774

If so, do I just get standard Skoda ones or there better alternatives?

Also is it a big job to get someone to fit them? How much have others paid to change them?

im lowered on jom coilovers and i habe changed the drop links but it depends how low you want to go i am pretty much all the way down so i needed to change mine.

afaik if you go lower than about 40mm you will need to change them and im using mondeo droplinks same as most people cheap as chips at your local car parta place.

you can get v max adjustable drop links for £50 which is what ill be going for

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-Maxx-Shortened-Adjustable-Front-Anti-Roll-Bar-Drop-Links-BMW-Seat-Skoda-SBMO-/271059349747?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1c6570f3

Edited by speters

as said use mondeo drop links there like £15 off ebay. . .i bought some for mine but turns out you done need them on weitecs,the placement on the strut is already adjusted,but with joms you'll need em.

yeah i fitted mine if its your first time fitting simething like this just take your time and make sure you have a full day to do it and spray everything a few days before so its easier to free bolts etc you never know you may even get help from a fellow briskodian.