MFD2 does not power on with ignition

Hi

I have an MFD2, had this problem a while back when the radio did not power on when I switched on the ignition. This was fixed by doing a factory reset on the radio.

Had to do this every couple of months but it's done it again and now a factory reset won't help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi mine did this after accident repairs, it was also not displaying nav or music info in maxi dot.

A simple disconnection of the battery sorted it.

Try leaving it disconnected for a few minutes.

The issue is canbus related, since there are no switched power supply wires going to the MFD2, basically it receives a canbus signal saying "Switch on" and its either not getting this or its ignoring it. A battery disconnect should clear it, a bit like the old "turn it off and on again" except this time you are rebooting the whole car.

Right, tried it but need to leave it for a bit before I can confirm.

One strange thing that's happened when I put the battery back on was the tyre pressure, esp and steering light has come on, I'm hoping this is just a fuse blown but my scanner isn't showing any codes.