smoke from engine in my new superb

It could be DPF regen though I've never heard of smoke only a smell.

I once had something similar on another car (not a Skoda) and it was a heated washer jet had got too warm and burned out. On that car the jets are in the air intake for the heater / aircon so the smoke / smell came in. Scary I tell you!

got car back today......they say it was a combination of dpf running and salt solution from road on it probably.... ? They found lots of dried roasted salt on the dpf ?

On my last two Superb MkII's the DPF was at the top rear of the engine well up in the engine compartment, unless the DPF has been repositioned I see no way that salt or any thing could be deposited on it unless driven through deep water at a speed high enough to almost flood the compartment.

the DPF on my present MY11 after two years is as bright and shiny as the day I received it from the dealer.