BT Microphone

Tommylee

Hello, i have recently recieved my new vrs blackline estate, everything with it is briliant except one thing. There is no bluetooth car kit which was promised to me by the salesman several times. As i complained, the dealer gave his apologies but i need the phone kit for business. At an extra cost they said they can fit it for £300, i was not impressed but as i had already brought the car i had no choice. Anyway sent it in to skoda for the day and they fitted a microphone and as i can make out a bluetooth box, as i picked the car up it was literally just a bare kit controlled by the phone, not good enough. I said i wanted it through the navigation system and maxidot display as the salesman said it had when i brought the damn thing. Picked the car up from there again today everything working but people cant hear me, only just found out about this forum, could of saved me alot of time and money if i knew about it sooner, but ive now read how easy it is with the bt microphone and getting the bluetooth switched on. But can anyone tell mew hy no one can hear me on a call, is it because it is not a BT microphone?

Welcome to Briskoda. Sorry you've only just found us now!

As the Blackline has the Amundsen headunit, this has the Bluetooth module built into it, so you can buy the correct Skoda BT mic and cable that in, connect it to the rear of the headunit and get it working. Why your Skoda dealer doesn't know this I have no idea.

It may also need VCDS coding to get it working.

Ask the question in the Octy2 section of the forum, where more people will see your post.