Hi All,

Some overdue work on my Felicia cat was needed, came off reasonably easy after a little persuading pipe with a stiltson.

The old cat was blowing at the flexible braided joint so a new cat was purchased off ebay at around £82.

Couple of things were spotted during the exhaust replacement and maybe someone can help me out on this, my car is a W reg 1.6

Felicia and i noticed on offside drive shaft the balancer assembly mounted on the drive shaft can be turned by hand,(not sideways on shaft) is this normal or should the balancer assembly be bolted up solid ?.

Secondly my Felicia uses a little water but nothing dramatic, no mayonaise under oil filler cap but I did notice what might be described as

weepage on the bottom corner of radiator nearside, could be that slow coolant loss could be from this spot. Recent renewal of cam belt and water pump in the last month or so, the old water pump lasted less than 30 months (purchased from Jorilly)

Thanks from Silvafelicia.

Any thoughts on the balancer weight on driveshaft ?, I mention this as the last long journey I made I was getting vibration at 55mph plus and I realize this could be

due to wheels,tyres but I cannot remember the problem with the car before.

I am pretty sure that the balancer weight should be clamped up tight on shaft......but I might be wrong !.

Thanks Silvafelicia. :wonder:

hi there i converted my car to a 1.6 SLXi and my balancer weight on my drive shaft move like yours i get no vibration even with 16s on suspect your front wheels need balancing and as for water leak it will have pink staining from where it leaks mine leaks a little water from thermo stat housing where it goes to block but its hard to fix as mine has different air box as it has air con and covers most easy fix bits but is now hard only big problem i have is it ends up with oil on top off spark plugs and ht leads got a spare engine i am rebuilding if you ever need vac com i can help as not that many miles away

Edited by uma1998

Thanks Uma,

I will get those tyres balanced see if that cures problem, as for the slow water loss I will keep an eye out, I have used k seal in the past on the engine

after a previous water problem (thermostat failed) and in the end replaced head gasket but temp is still a bit high i.e electric fan cutting in sometimes when in queuing traffic, I wonder if that k seal stuff blocks up the waterways a bit ?.

Thanks Silvafelicia

hi there my fan cuts in too in traffic but mine cuts in at just over half way mine has got a low temp fan switch due to the air con try flushing waterways out and where is the leak from