10 months in - Fabia Elegance 1.6TDi 105

I've done just under 13k miles and on a scale of 1 - 10 my overall satisfaction rating is 9.

Purchased from Chathams in Edinburgh - Salesman was George Lockhart.

Purchasing Process / Trade in - 10/10.

Spec'd it my way and it was delivered in 12 weeks as per George's initial estimate

Extras:

Sunroof, Heated Seats , Towbar, Rear APS, Sports Suspension, Crooz Control, Black Magic Pearl.

Initial impressions - 9/10

Very smooth and refined compared to old 1.9TDi estate.

Not as torquey as the 1.9 and performance lacklustre

Doesn't get off the line very smoothly

Clutch heavy (compared to my daughter's Fiesta)

Feels much bigger on the inside!

Seats comfortable so long range cruising very relaxing

Small boot but easy to adapt for my geetars / amps when gigging.

Fuel economy not as good as MK 1 vRS nor 1.9TDi

Oil consumption negligible

Heated Seat switches in the wrong way round

Minor teething trouble with exhaust gas sensor failure - replaced under warranty with courtesy car covered by complimentary insurance (a lot of mainstream insurers don't do this! )

I'd have another for sure but since the next purchase is likely to be my last (due to retirement) I'll maybe look for something a bit bigger.

Aso note that Chathams are no longer trading in Edinburgh. Initial impressions with Western is that they're not quite as customer friendly.

Nice to hear, i have a 2 year old one but with the 75bhp map, only one year to go and its out of warranty, then i will have it remapped to about 130bhp. I have had my Mk1 1.9TDI Elegance done and it excellent, same get and and go as a standard VRS. I really like my car, it is a lot more refined than the Mk1 but as you say it does feel big on the inside compared to my Mk1, i know the Mk2 is higher than the old model but is it also wider and longer ?? I bought my 2nd hand so could not spec it up, but its done 6k and is absolutly mint (which is why i got it), i do wish it had come with heated seats though as my Mk1 (sorry the wifes Mk1 ) does have them as standard.