Steering issue - just need a part number

Jonto

I, like many, have a steering issues. First the pump packed up and failed completely. The pump was changed and worked but the steering was heavy afterwards and it appeared that the system was in limp mode. The warning light on the dash remained on and I was unable to clear the code (00816) with vag com.

I've changed the alternator and the battery is good. I'm also fixed the alternator cable that snaps at the back of the gearbox so I now have a battery light on when I turn the ignition on. This leaves me with two options left. The steering angle sensor and the batter earth strap.

Does anyone know the part numbers for these two parts and also do you know how I can check if I have a koyo or trw rack?

Many thanks in advance.

Jonto

I'm on tap talk so can't see the forums as you do (it doesn't show me what car you own for example) but an earth strap is pretty generic and should be easy to test, as for the angle sensor call your local parts desk, ask for the part number and price giving them the VIN/reg as they do have a number of different versions. The advantage of doing it this way is you know how much a genuine one is. Personally I've always found Rainworth to be cheapest for parts by mail order.