Octavia III - How long before we get an L&K?

We now have details of the launch models, and an indication as to when the VRS and Scout will be available, but no mention of the L&K.

I know nobody will have a definitive answer, but please can those with experience of such things post an educated guess as to when Skoda will be likely to launch an Octavia III L&K?

Thanks

Neil

• Like 1

The L&K normally comes in just before the facelift is due, well that's what happened on most of the Octavia's I think, then they've only just released the Yeti L&K, and the Superb was also released not so long ago...late last year I think?

I hope they still do the light leather, and all the toys. The L&K was always a special car! :)

Skoda-Laurin-Klement-3.jpg

Skoda-Laurin-Klement-8.jpg

Skoda-Laurin-Klement-12.jpg

Skoda-Laurin-Klement-10.jpg

They've come a long way!

The L&K normally comes in just before the facelift is due, well that's what happened on most of the Octavia's I think

Not sure exactly when it was introduced on the mk2 but it was early. Definitely available in 2005. The first version of the L&K that is. It was significantly changed later with the lighter leather and the piano black trim, but no auto dipping door mirrors any more.

Not sure exactly when it was introduced on the mk2 but it was early. Definitely available in 2005. The first version of the L&K that is. It was significantly changed later with the lighter leather and the piano black trim, but no auto dipping door mirrors any more.

Wasn't that a UK edition (elegance specced to the max) until the Edition 100 was released then they came with the grey leather?

Thought so! Hmm I wonder why my application for a sales job wasn't followed up when I applied a few months ago ha!

Yeah, I forget how long the MK2 has been out for now. Seems to me like it was only 6 years ago, not 13!

Not sure exactly when it was introduced on the mk2 but it was early. Definitely available in 2005....

I can confirm that, as I am still driving the 55 plate L&K I have owned from new. But it is now feeling its age (it has done 140K miles) which is why I am interested in possibly replacing it with a Mk III equivalent.

So when you say "it was early", how long after the launch of the Mk II are we talking?

(and yes Kiwibacon, I know it's all speculation - as I stated in the OP ;-) )

Neil

Thought so! Hmm I wonder why my application for a sales job wasn't followed up when I applied a few months ago ha!

Yeah, I forget how long the MK2 has been out for now. Seems to me like it was only 6 years ago, not 13!

Probably because you know too much about the brand, the sales people dont always know everything and it would not be good to have a person more knowegable than the exisiting staff from showroom cleaner right up to dealer owner!!!

• Like 2

Don't you hate that when you pretend to know nothing when asking a dealer hoping they give you the right facts!! then you walk away and think does he even know that he's trying to sell me a Skoda!?

Don't you hate that when you pretend to know nothing when asking a dealer hoping they give you the right facts!! then you walk away and think does he even know that he's trying to sell me a Skoda!?

Yes!! Most irritating thing ever.