Fabia central locking mechanism!

Wayneeyers

I recently purchased a W reg fabia comfort.

For £500 the car is immaculate, only needed to replace the thermostat housing!

But now the passenger front door is jammed shut, and the only way to open it is to smash the mechanism from the inside ( believe me we've tried everything else).

Just wanted to know, as I've just brought a locking mechanism off of eBay, listed as a central locking mechanism for a fabia mk1 NSF, if this will be the same unit? How many different mechanisms can there be? Both have central locking and electric windows.

Thanks

Just had this problem, my deadlock on the passenger door stayed "on"

Saw this tip on here and it worked for me........ Opened rear door and looking through just above the rear top door hinge, with a long drift tapped away on the torx bolt you can see at the back of the front door while someone repeatedly pressed open on the key fob. Worth a try

Thanks ill give that a go. I think a spring in the mechanism is broken though. The central locking and lock fob at the top if the door panel all work perfectly. Can also hear the mechanism operating when pulling the handles. The door just won't budge.

I've replied to another thread with a similar problem, make sure you take the fuse out then you can pull the wire to unlock, at least thats how it is on the back doors. If the power is on they are deadlocked.

• 9 months later...

On my fabia my back door has been deadlocked for some time , I smashed the mechanism apart and levered the lock open took ages, it was working for days with a new mechanism installed , except I had to use the inside wire (handle) to open it , I put the outside handle onto the mechanism today and shut the door it has now gone back in to deadlock what do I do grrrr

• Like 1