key fob battery life?

kibby

Any idea on expected life of these batteries?

I know it is a function of useage but whats the minimum life like??

Also do they lose the key code...my Honda retains it when you do a simple swap,,,same with the YETI??

The fob itself looks like a prise apart job but looks a bit delicate..Any tips on safe removal procedure

as generally a £100's issue if you get it wrong.

Do Skoda dealers do it for the price of the batteries as per my friendly Honda dealer?

Edited by kibby

The owmers book says to change it when the range gets less than 3metres and instructions to re sync it if you take too long to swap the battery over.

My renault fob battery lasted 13years and it's still going with new owner.

All parts of the fob cover & button panel are available separately, I found a link somewhere when people break off the keyring loop.

Any idea on expected life of these batteries?

I know it is a function of useage but whats the minimum life like??

Also do they lose the key code...my Honda retains it when you do a simple swap,,,same with the YETI??

The fob itself looks like a prise apart job but looks a bit delicate..Any tips on safe removal procedure

as generally a £100's issue if you get it wrong.

Do Skoda dealers do it for the price of the batteries as per my friendly Honda dealer?

I've never replaced one. I usually buy cars 2-3 years old, change at 8-9, quite often do a paranoid check by pushing the lock button at bedtime.

SWMBOs remote fob got a bit tired after 2 years and 3 months. Very simple replacement, CR2032 battery IIRC.

Prises apart very easily, flip the key out and prise apart the back of the fob at the point where the key blade normally hides a thick coin usually does the trick. It retains everything so no worries there.

Thinking about it, I replaced mine at 2 years.