alarm going off - hatch open between boot and back seats - any relation?

as per the rather long title of this thread, twice now the alarm has gone off for no apparent reason and annoyingly both times been quite early in the morning!

would the little hatch between the boot and through the armrest in the back seat being open have anything to do with it as that's the only thing i've noticed that is different on both occasions when the alarm has gone off?

is there anything else i can check to try and trace the problem if not?

How old is the vRS?

The interior motion sensors are near to the interior light, dropping the back seats shouldn't make a difference as long as there is nothing moving in the boot.

There are a few threads similar to this one, this is why I am asking how old the car is. If it's quite new (or at least new to you) then it could be that the sensitivity of the alarm needs to be reduced (using a dealer or VCDS).

There have also been issues with the microswitches on the boot and bonnet which tell the alarm a door has been opened.

There is also a button on the central pillar between the front and rear doors, near to the seat belt mounting point. This button temporarily disables the interior motion sensors (for if you leave an animal in the car etc.). Press this next time you exit the car and lock it as normal. If the alarm still goes off you can eliminate the interior sensors as being the problem.