2010 Octavia Mk2 Bluetooth + Samsung SIII

I definitely have Bluetooth! I press the phone button on the steering wheel and it simply says "scanning for devices" forever!

I have ensured the Bluetooth is enabled on my phone and it is visible when I sit in the car but the message stays the same.

I've waited a good few minutes and the message stays. There was a phone paired in the past (which wasn't mine and I have deleted...)

and I have tried the "reset factory settings" and the car message changes to "initialising phone" then back to "scanning for devices"

Any ideas please?

My Galaxy SIII paired without problems. But I initiated it from the phone, not the car. On the phone I switched on BT, then made it visible, then searched for new devices. It found the Skoda, a set of numbers appeared on my Columbus, and a voice backed this up saying 'Enter code XXXX on your phone'. The Samsung then asked me whether I wanted to pair using SIM access (ie RSAP). I said yes to that. Then the phone asked me if I always wanted to connect automatically in the future. I accepted that.

The SIII is one of the very few modern phones to use RSAP. The down side is that, when connected via RSAP, you won't receive emails. The up side is that you get excellent reception (it uses the car radio aerial), and you can see incoming texts on the Columbus (in my case).

The Skoda was seen on my Galaxy as "SKODA_BT".

Are you absolutely sure that you have Bluetooth fitted to your car? Check under the driver's seat for the BT module.

Edit - Just had a thought, I am sure that one of the options in BT on my maxidot was whether to have the Skoda BT discoverable or not, and for how long. Check that you have set the car to discoverable. I didn't have to do that on mine, but you never know.

Edited by Chinook

Ok thanks for that... I'm away from the car for a week but will have another play when i get back! I've got the parrot microphones above the rear view mirror, not looked under the seat though.

Didn't see that option in the Phone menu, It goes Bluetooth-Paired phones-no phones paired. That's the only options i get.

The fact that you have a Parrot mic above the rear view mirror suggests that you have an after-market Parrot fit, rather than a factory-fit VW/Skoda system. Unfortunately, I have no experience of the Parrot system.

Good luck.

ok. this seems very strange! I can find no other hands free kit (maybe a very thorough inspection is required...) and it still does not explain why through the MFD I saw an old phone that had been paired. :-(

Mic looks like a twin mic: what on earth parrot kit does it go to? could the original owner of the car have upgraded the mic maybe? need to have another look at my original spec from the factory!