Apple Ipod

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not at the moment -the Omega has a double din housing, and the standard one ain't bad. -Though I'm still trying to get hold of a 10-speaker Bose system, as fitted to the Elite models! Not many Omega's get scrapped, so there aren't many about -though I've got my Vauxhall contacts looking out for me........

Phil

Initiall, via the FM mod -my car has a rear screen antenna, so I can get to the aerial connection easily, near where I'm fitting the unit, in the boot. I'll run a couple of RCA's with the remote cable, though, so I can use a cassette adaptor if I want to -but I don't like the way they look. I'll see how the modulator goes.

Phil

Does anyone know what type of connector the AUX-in is for a car HU.By this I mean are they all of one type (RCA etc) or does it vary by manufacturer?

The reason I ask is that I have to order up a cable from my iPOD 3.5mm headphone socket to link up with my new HU via the AUX-in terminal.The only problem being is I have not received my new HU by post yet so not sure which would be the correct connector and therefore which cable is suitable.

Hope all that made sence and once again, apologies if this is another stoopid question...................................

Cheers

Hugh

Cheers Phil,I think I may just have to be patient then. I'll wait for the HU to turn up and then order the correct cable from what I find at the back of the unit.

Cheers

Hugh

Agree with Phil on this, it could be anything - you're best waiting for the unit to arrive (unfortunately!).

So if that iTrip is illegal because it broadcasts an FM signal, what about those CD changers for standard headunits that work by FM modulation?

Rob.

The iTrip uses FM modulation, but then continues to broadcast it into the ether, unlike the FM modulator that comes for instance with my mStation. That just inserts the sound onto the aerial lead to which you can tune the HU too.

Oh...right, I get you now...I thought FM modulation worked around the same principle as the I-Trip! Everyday's a school day! :D

So how do you find the quality of the sound coming from the mStation using FM modulation?

Rob.

Rob, haven't even powered up the mStation yet :D I've got all the parts needed to install it in the car (and won't be using FM modulation as everyone will agree it is crap), just finding time is a bit hard.

Hi All,

Just a note to say many thanks to all for the advice and help given to me concerning my ICE upgrade.I'm not too bad with home hi-fi, I was however, a complete ICE novice but with the help given here I installed it at the weekend without much hassle (well, except one of the original HU's locating clips getting mangled when trying to remove it!).

The results are tremendous and it's great actually being able to LISTEN to the music again without the feeling that someone was standing with a pillow over the speakers! If anyone is interested I can get some photo's and post them on here to show the full install.

Cheers

Hugh

Forgot to add that I have a new problem,passenger front door speaker now rattling!It was doing this prior to the HU change so I don't believe it has anything to do with that but I'm a bit hacked off as the system is now sounding pretty good.

Will try to investigate further tonight but hope it is not a dodgy speaker.............

Cheers

Hugh