Hesitation 1.8Tsi

Hi all,

Car Skoda Superb, 1.8 Tsi, SE Manuel, 2011 (61) 9k miles

Just before the New Year I booked the car into my Local Skoda dealer where I had purchased it second hand one month earlier complaining about an intermittent fault that the engine (car) would not lightly accelerate without being jerky with hesitation and a flat spot which they could find any faults.

But since the last garage visit and up to last week the car performed normally with only a few slight hesitation problems. But this week the hesitation has been getting a lot worse again with acceleration flat spots when under light load also engine feels jerky when light accelerating and decelerating through the gears, feels like your running out of petrol and the car runs lumpily for a few seconds then it clears, then is all ok. On the next start up the car will run fine maybe until the next start-up then will run lumpily again! There does not seem to be any pattern to it, which there is no warning lights to indicate any faults.

I have on the last two occasions filled up with BP Ultimate 97 RON petrol which has made no difference.

The car is booked into the garage again next week and asked them to keep it in and drive about as away for a few days to see if the fault reoccurs.

Any ideas as to what maybe is at fault?

Thanks

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a similar problem on a Vauxhall Omega Elite. I thought I had a problem with the auto gearbox. However, eventually I had a problem whereby the engine was only developing about one quarter power and this transpired to be a fault in the HT leads to the plugs. Cost over £100 for the new wiring (ouch) but subsequently the "gearbox problem" had gone completely.

Could your problem be the HT wiring?