Alternative to Factory fitted, SatNav/DVD.

danamo

Hi

Anyone got any ideas on an Alternative to Factory fitted, SatNav/DVD, for my Mk II 2006 Octavia

Love the columbus but the price seems a little pricey.

Some low ends seem amazing value, and even the Kenwoods come in at a lower price.

Hope you can give me some advice.

Many thanks

I have one fitted, it is an erosin there are lots of different versions that fit and fit like original if you get the nav surround, (about £5 from parts dept) I am in Wiltshire if you want a look some time give me a PM.

John

Hi john

Glad to hear you have found an alternative, unfortunatly Im a little to far to check yours out but cheers.

Googled Erosin but cannot find a stereo.

Sorry but what is the nav surround?

Sorry typo was erisin

http://www.erisin.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=1&keyword=VW

There are lots to chose from some have gerrn/red lighting so can be set to match dash lighting, mine is red only as could not find one that had the functions that I wanted that had green.

John

Cheers again John

Great to have your input. the units look great, almost exactly like the genuine skoda/ VW units.

Could you explain what the Nav surround is, sorry but im a bit of a novice

cheers

This is the removable bit of the dashboard round the radio/sat nav the sat nav one is slightly different to the radio one so you have to change it. It is about £5 from the dealer. If you do go down the line of getting one then give me a shout before ordering as you need to get some extra parts from them depending on which model you choose.

Regards

John

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect this old post but I am looking at the Erisin units aswell for my 2007 Skoda Octavia Sport.

Have you still got yours John? If so how has it been?

Did you have to get a canbus adaptor with it?

Cheers

Danamo - Did you ever buy one? if so how did you get on with it?

Edited by fiza

Yes and no, I sold that Octavia and bought a new one (FL) but when I sold it the unit was still working well and it was a good sales point. I have now fitted another one though a slightly different model, now have an 8" screen but still working well. You do see lots of stories about poor quality but I have had 3 of these units and all have been OK.

John

• Like 1