Anyone got/ordered an Outdoor?

Jeeves

I was really excited by the concept of the Outdoor - until the spec and price was confirmed!

My Octavia Scout will shortly be out of warranty and I had thought of changing to the Superb Outdoor, but compared to the price and spec of the Elegance it just doesn't make sense even if I do prefer the styling.

If I have those concerns now, you can bet that as a used car the Elegance will be the preferred choice so that the residual value of the Outdoor will be relatively worse and the target market smaller.

Has anyone overcome those dilemmas and ordered one? I can't see much mention of them on this forum since the speculative interest before they were added to the lineup.

I want it to be something that could replace my Scout, but as it stands it is a very expensive niche body kit and I think Skoda needs to reposition it price wise and possibly spec wise too.

I was really excited by the concept of the Outdoor - until the spec and price was confirmed!

My Octavia Scout will shortly be out of warranty and I had thought of changing to the Superb Outdoor, but compared to the price and spec of the Elegance it just doesn't make sense even if I do prefer the styling.

If I have those concerns now, you can bet that as a used car the Elegance will be the preferred choice so that the residual value of the Outdoor will be relatively worse and the target market smaller.

Has anyone overcome those dilemmas and ordered one? I can't see much mention of them on this forum since the speculative interest before they were added to the lineup.

I want it to be something that could replace my Scout, but as it stands it is a very expensive niche body kit and I think Skoda needs to reposition it price wise and possibly spec wise too.

I'd consider it to replace my Elegance estate but what I would end up doing is just adding everything on to match the Elegance spec and the extras I have now on top of that - presuming that is possible on it. That probably takes out outwith being worth doing price wise. I'd need to work through it at the time which wouldn't be for another year plus.

I do a 3 year work lease so I'm not concered about resale personally and it's more about the total and therefore monthly cost to me.

I'd be interested too to hear if anyone has gone for this or is planning to.

I was briefly interested in the Outdoor, but on reading the specs in detail there's no mention at all of offroad underbody protection and HD suspension, and the 18in wheels/tyres are not the best for driving on rough roads.

The car is a looker, but if you want to drive on varying quality roads, IMHO it's better to import an SE estate with all options you want plus underbody protection (aka rough road package). And it is noticeably less expensive to import anything that's not on SUK 0% VAT offer with current SUK pricing.

i drive an Elegance 4x4 estate - it's coming up 3 years - i haven't seen an "Outdoor" in the flesh, but after being offered £13,500 today, to change to a Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (9 grand off list price for new one at Local dealer from Stock) i think the Elegance will be around for a few years yet!

Al.

Edited by ukcruiser

i drive an Elegance 4x4 estate - it's coming up 3 years - i haven't seen an "Outdoor" in the flesh, but after being offered £13,500 today, to change to a Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (9 grand off list price for new one at Local dealer from Stock) i think the Elegance will be around for a few years yet!

Al.

Obviously don't know all the details on your Superb, Al, but that trade-in doesn't strike me as silly, especially when there is £9K off the Volvo.

So i went and drove the Volvo D5 SE Lux XC70 today - All i can say is "YAWN!" :yawn:

Ok, so the finish is better than my Skoda... but it was SO DULL to drive! - i had my dad with me, and his comments were "Is that all it's got" - Yes, it had 18 miles on the clock when i drove it, so new engine i know, but still, 215 bhp should still make it go fairly well.

So, on that Note, i will be going to look at an OutDoor!

Al.

ps. Superb is Elegance 4x4 170, in mint condition with ParkAssist, Heated Screen & Washers, Spare, Tinted Glass & MDI with 34k on the clock and full dealer service.