Heated seat failure

speedsport

My Yeti is back at the dealers this week for the heated seat elements to be replaced in both front seat bases.

It's the second replacement on the driver's side, the first on the passenger. It has nothing to do with my/our weight (since we're both well under 12 stone!), nor have the seats been abused. I've not knelt on them - it says you shouldn't in the handbook - and we've no kids, so the failure is nothing to do with us.

Some time ago one or two people said they had also had heated seat element failures, but there's not been much mention recently.

Have many of you also had the heating element(s) fail?

Has anyone had an explanation from the dealers about what might be wrong with them?

My car is out of warranty in March, so if there's something that I can do, or tell the dealer to do, that'll prolong the life of the things (short of not using them), I'm keen to know because I suspect that it'll be a damned expensive job if one goes again.

Cheers

John H

Edited by speedsport

when i first took delivery of mine back in April 2010 it took a while to realise that whil my back was warming nicely my buttocks and thighs were not!

I cant recall when, but Sinclairs replaced the squab heater (assuming that one HAD been fitted originally). No failure, tho - just no heat at all.

I only discovered my passenger seat part has failed after the warranty had expired. Should have checked really when I bought it, to be sure it worked. Driver's side is fine. I might get a travel kettle and hot water bottle rigged up for anyone that needs that on the passenger side ;)

• Like 1

Maybe worth an e-mail/contact with SUK to express your concerns of this repeated failure and proximity of your warranty coming to an end :wonder:

TP

Good suggestion.

I'm hoping to get it back today - there's "been a delay on the parts" that were ordered Monday.

Driving around in a borrowed Octy 2.0D Estate. Nice, but I'm realising how much, more comfortable, better ride, better visibility, quieter, actually all round better the Yeti is and how much I miss it. (Though the Octy Estate's boot is enormous!)

Oh, and I'm sure it's not my imagination, but I don't get cut up as much in the Yeti, people don t pull out in front of it, or jump into non-existent gaps like they seem to be doing around the Octy.

Edited by speedsport

I just reported to my dealer about problem with driver seat heating element (seat part). They order it and I am waiting to be replaced. My Yeti is 3 years old and still under warranty (we have 4 years warranty in Croatia).

Same problem with heating element I have on my Fabia (when was 7 years old) and after it was replaced by dealer it stays OK so far (Fabia is 13 years old now).