Steering rack change

Hi Could anybody tell me how difficult a 1999 TDi steering rack is to replace on a flat driveway ? I had a refurb fitted 2 years ago and now its just gone again, spilling all its fluid out of a seal on the RH side . Quoted £198 for the rack 3Hrs labour Plus VAT 398.00 in total . So wondered if its a do-able DIY , sending off the rack for refurb or fitting another refurb etc. I have a competent knowledge of mechanics ( worked on my bikes mostly ) but is this , will this be a step to far / difficult ?

Cheers

it's a pain, but it's do-able it depends on how hands on you really wanna be, your gona need to jack the car up on axle stands and drop the sub frame down, you'll need to give yourself as much room as possible, if you can find someone with a ramp would make things alot easier for yourself, remember it might be worth while with new tracks rods and ends, also you'll need tracking done once completed

Big thank you for your replies . Now I've got to have a think about it. I'll admit I'll find it claustrophobic working under the car. And I'm on a soft-ish Tarmac which my axle stands bite into , so I normally place them on a concrete slab to spread the load when working on my breaks etc..

Cheers