How do i test the injectors on a superb 1.9 tdi?

bigskud

You can check them at home yourself, but honestly you're best having the car hooked up to VCDS diagnostic system to see any fault codes. Do you have any warning lights on the dash?

If you're really insistant on testing the injectors themselves I know only two ways. 1) Buy yourself an injector tester. Anything from £20 - £2500. Some test the actual injector flow, some test the spray pattern, whilst others just check the electrical side of things. 2) Get a multimeter, remove the electrical connectors and set your multimeter to ohms. Set it somewhere like 2k and place a probe on each terminal without the engine running. Not sure of the values you're looking for with your engine, but they should all be pretty similar to each other. So if three injectors have a reading of 17 for instance and the fourth gave a reading of 2, then you know something isn't right. Problem is, it's by no means a definitive test. Plus it requires getting access to the injectors themselves.

Hopefully someone else will have more useful info, because let's be honest, this isn't exactly helpful. :rofl: Sorry.

Edited by allclownsareevi

Thanks for that ,but i was wondering if i could maybe disconnect a wiring connector from the wiring loom which may be connect to the injectors individually and see if it made any significant change to how the engine ticked over similar to removing an ignition lead from a spark plug on a petrol engine