our second Skoda

eputhlad

When we moved to East Anglia In 1991 I had a work's car and a wife stuck in the sticks (with a touring caravan parked in the drive). As the wind got up -as it does around here - the caravan decided to go walkabouts. As a result the van was put to permanent walkaway and a lovely new red K reg Skoda basic model bought in its place. It didn't sleep as many as the van, but it was where we left it when we returned to it in a morning. As the years rolled by the value of a fill up of petrol became significant compared to the car value and the missus became weak of arm - citing the need for power steering - what a wimp! So we had to let her go (talking car here) and got

Welcome eputhlad, I'm a newbie here myself :)

Cars, they're a never ending drain on my limited funds, so for me, I bought a cheap to run Skoda. Already saving loads on fuel and road tax, servicing and maintenance are an unknown factor yet.

Regards,

Ian

Hi and welcome to Briskoda. If you let me know your engine code (3 letters, eg AME, AZE etc) I can look up the oil capacity for you.

When we moved to East Anglia In 1991 I had a work's car and a wife stuck in the sticks (with a touring caravan parked in the drive). As the wind got up -as it does around here - the caravan decided to go walkabouts. As a result the van was put to permanent walkaway and a lovely new red K reg Skoda basic model bought in its place. It didn't sleep as many as the van, but it was where we left it when we returned to it in a morning. As the years rolled by the value of a fill up of petrol became significant compared to the car value and the missus became weak of arm - citing the need for power steering - what a wimp! So we had to let her go (talking car here) and got