How to remove the dial surround

So I have an incredibly annoying rattle squeak coming from the dash board (in fact, I have several and frankly this is likely the first and last skoda I will buy based on the build quality but I digress) - by investigating I can stop it by pushing the black surround in against the dash, or pulling it away.

It seems the clear plastic is rubbing against the surround and making the rattle squeak.

If I can get the surround off then I can add something to the edge to pad it out and shut it up a bit. Currently I have folded business cards wedged in but it's only a temporary solution but does make it better.

Oh, and the car has now spent 5 days at the dealers fixing the cr@p skoda build quality but this problem seems to be defeating them so I guess it's up to me. What I can't figure out is how to get the surround off.

Interesting to know others have had the same problem. The dealer certainly didn't think it was common, never mind suggesting there was a fix. If I can get the surround off I can use some small diameter rubber hose to make a gasket I think.

Will look for the thread, if anyone else can suggest a link that would be great