Just joined the Superb clan

Here are a few more, I will be putting it in for a full service as it says 4,000 to go before the next one, by the looks of it the garage didn't do anything to it apart from a full valet, meter went in fine, as you can see it has nearly got to 50 MPG it did actually get up to 58 before I got home.

NorthLanarkshire-20130206-00183_zpsa1f4a406.jpgIMG-20130206-00181_zps85f0e1b9.jpgTheScottishBorders-20130206-00185_zps29576afd.jpg

Edited by skippy41

Only thing now is where to put my stuff like phone pens and other odds and sods, might pull the rear ash tray out so that taxi cards can be put there.

I like my phone in a holder facing me so I can see who is calling but there is nowhere to stick it, it wont get a full signal stuck in the centre arm rest cub-by

Anyway taxi test in the morning, but I have just checked the size of the spare wheel its a 215 55 16 yet the tyres on the car are 205 55 16 will this matter as it will only be used as a spare

Edited by skippy41

i'm sure my full size spare is the same size as the alloys, and it will sail through it's taxi test and get some more pics up when it has the taxi sign on ETC i think there are tons of cubbys especially the one below the light switch and what do you think of the room in the back and front, i was amazed and the boot opening is a clever idea

To open the boot:

Just touch the centre button at the base of the boot.

To open the hatch:

Touch the right hand button at the base of the boot, wait a couple of seconds until the upper brake lights flash and then touch the centre button.

Hey Presto!

Hi, another taxi eh! Welcome to the club. I'm going to let you cabbies into a little secret. Here where I keep my pen. It's a £3 nurses pen clip holder from eBay.

44AABC14-5AF0-442A-AAE0-44A1A1FADD09-1340-0000021236793355_zps83c852c6.jpg

6B0D4223-B81A-4792-B80A-8D8D4243D2FE-1340-0000021231C4998F_zps238f54e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone upside down, using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

Just back from a nice long drive, around 160 miles just for the hell of it, averaging according to maxi 58.3 mpg.

I may have found my first problem, even though it passed its taxi MOT this morning.

Once I get it up to 50 MPH I can hear a constant high pitch whistle, just like when an air craft throttles when it come into land but its not loud, it just there all the time until just over 60 mph, the revs are around 1500 at 50, could be a bearing on the alternator or somewhere, dont thing its coming from the gearbox, but the sound is exactly like the older cars gearboxes used to sound like.

No its not the turbo, I reved it with the bonnet open a few times and no police siren sound

Edited by skippy41

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the car's standard 18" wheels, the standard spare is a 16 inch steel wheel. It's claimed that this is because of space, but I suspect it's because of cost. By the way, the car runs much more smoothly on 16s all round with 205x55x16 tyres, and is much friendlier to potholes.

Despite the car's standard 18" wheels, the standard spare is a 16 inch steel wheel. It's claimed that this is because of space, but I suspect it's because of cost. By the way, the car runs much more smoothly on 16s all round with 205x55x16 tyres, and is much friendlier to potholes.

There you go, just another reason why I'm happy with my 'poverty spec' 1.4tsi S :)