That's It! I've Had Enough!

It is strange to hear a GL2 getting such low figures, I can only assume it was down to driver or road conditions!

As I did 33k in mine last year 75% a roads/motorway and 25 % early morning short blasts to the train station and am getting 69.7 mpg overall.

Mansars, I don't think there is any doubt that Greenline 11 had a problem with his car. And it appeared to go undiagnosed, unless the garage has found the fault by now. His engine was not behaving normally. Your mpg seems pretty darn good and echoes my own experience with the GL2 when I went to Wales in one with a passenger and a heavy 1000cc motorcycle engine in the back. We clocked up 650 odd miles and achieve a creditable 67mpg for the trip overall. On the way back travelling without the engine in the back, the car achieved a good 72 mpg at motorway speeds and I've not doubt if I had eased off a bit it would have climbed into the upper 70's or even low 80's. It was that good.

• 3 weeks later...

My greenline 2 Fabia estate gives me 50mpg in central London and 70mpg in rural Kent. Its always loaded up with electricians tools, cable drums etc and there are ladders on the roof. I'm very happy with it.