Rear wiper will not stop

Paul VRS

Hi All

Rather than the fault most have of a non working motor the only way I can stop my rear wiper working is to pull the fuse. I suspect a problem in the wiring loom as at one stage it was intermittent. Express Garage, a small Skoda dealer in Herne Bay, who have serviced it since new checked it over after charging me £80 in labour stated they could not find anything in the loom and that it will need a new motor. Not sure I believe them. Possibly a loose in the motor or the control stork?

Anyone have any thoughts on this, I have a local breaker who has a motor for £30 which is better than the £75+ from Skoda but not sure it is going to make a difference and not keen to waste the £30 and the time. Anyone come across this before?

Fitting seems to be simple if I get the trim off ok, I assume any Mk 1 Wash Wipe unit will fit. Car is an 07 SE VRS in the blue.

I happily lurk here thanks all for the advice and questions.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Seems that no one knows the answer .... well the good news is that it stopped .... not sure if it is due to it warming up or that I had to change the battery and something else changed with it. It was intermittent so I am fearing it coming back but for the moment enjoying the view out of the back!.