Double din Sony head unit fitting trouble - MK1 Octavia

Hi everyone,

I thought things were going well, when i had my old sony single din unit out and de wired within 5 mins...

Then i routed the mic in, usb cable through a freshly drilled hole in glove box, connected up the power (after doing the red/yellow continuous power lead swap) and the speaker blocks...

Too find that no matter what i did, i could not get the unit to sit fully in - even pulled through the iso blocks out of the way, by accessing from glove box, to make sure it wasn't these that were stopping it. Just cannot get the last 1cm pushed fully in - do i seem to remember that some butchering of the inner cage needs to be done?

The unit is a Sony xav-601BT - and if only i could have got it in coz so far it really has impressed me, especially the clarity of the bluetooth mobile connection.

Any pointers on what im doing wrong, or where and how i need to modify the internal cage would be appreciated.

Cheers

Lee