Coilover Problems

Hey guys,

I had coilovers fitted last week there, JOM jobbies like a lot of people on this, and I wanted to know if you could help me.

Here are the problems that I will try to describe to you as best as possible:

Spring Popping Noise

This noise happens when turning. I would imagine the noise being due to the spring compressing, but this is just plain annoying. I shouldn't have to listen to that.

Rumble

I have this annoying rumble coming - I think - from the passengers side rear quarter. It does this noise when going slightly right, say, going round a roundabout and you flick your steering wheel left before going right; as soon as you hit that angle it makes this distinct rumble that sounds like it's coming from the wheel itself.

Before I had these fitted, the car made no troublesome noise whatsoever.

I have fitted shorter droplinks.

The gap between arch and tyre is about 1 inch.

Thread count wise, your talking 23 on the fronts (from the bottom where the threads start to the bottom of the C Spanner ring.) and 10 on the backs.

I haven't had much luck with coilovers, and I am seriously beginning to think I should just knock it back to standard again.

Does anyone have a rough idea as to what the problems could be (other than the fact I bought JOMS...) and how to best remedy the problems?

Cheers in advance!

Ally.

Not terribly helpful I know but joms are cheap for a reason.

Would be worth checking bolt tightness and front top mounts though. Also, most shortened drop links are known to be poor quality so check these too.

all i have ever run is JOMS and never had any problems