vRS Suspension

Broken

The clutch kit turned up today so I shall be phoning the garage on monday to arrange fitting :)

Very happy with the advice I got from Damien at DPM Performance and the speed at which the parts got delievered (even with a 4 day bank holiday weekend), also impressed witht the delivery time from awesome gti, they had run out of stock (in the morning) the day I ordered my kit (in the aftenoon d'oh), thank you customs for not delaying that delivery to awesome gti.

Feeling excited now, can't wait to see what difference the new parts make.

Spoke to Damien on thursday (after my insurance company finally got back to me about modifying the car), very helpful about what the different dampers/springs would be like on the car and how they would work together with the Eibach arb kit.

The decision has been made and the order placed. Bilstein B8 dampers, H&R 20mm springs and Eibach front & rear arb kit ordered. When these arrive (along with the ECS stage 1 clutch kit I ordered from awesome gti) the car will be getting booked in for them to be fitted along with new engine and gearbox mounts, top mounts for the suspension and some new bushes/lower wishbone arms for the suspension. Hopefully it will make the car feel considerably better than it currently does. Looking forward to getting the new bits on the car and driving it.

how much were the suspension parts (just shocks and springs)?

thanks

how much were the suspension parts (just shocks and springs)?

thanks

Shocks were £555 http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/bilstein-b8-sprint-damper-shock-absorber-kitbr-octavia-1u-rs-18t-0501-p-8483.html

Springs were £171.50 http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/hr-20mm-lowering-suspension-springsbr-octavia-1u-rs-18t-0102-p-664.html

I got both from DPM Performance, very helpful on the phone and delivery was quick as well :)

• Like 1

The car has gone in today to have the new bits fitted along with a few other bits (which will be standard items). Should get her back tomorrow and will then see how different she feels.

I have the car back now :) Initial impressions are that the ride quality is much improved over what it was as is body control. Suspension is no longer crashy :) Turn in is better than it was, less steering lock needed, but not aggressive (might try other setting on front arb at some point). It feels very much like having a new car with good quality susension on it. The clutch is feeling lighter and more positive, the lighter flywheel has made the revs pick up and drop off quicker which is good, not like a motorbike, but quicker than before.

I am hapy with the effect of the changes as the car now feels much better than at any time I have had it and made it much more enjoyable to drive. Which is what I am going to go and do now :)

• Like 1