DAB question?

I know this isnt 'Skoda' specific, but its VAG, so hopefully the basics are the same!

My wife is taking delivery of her new VW Beetle in about 8 weeks time and it comes with the RCD510 as standard with the DAB function, but I fancy upgrading to a Sat Nav unit, either the RNS315 or RNS510 (same as the Skoda Columbus and Amundsen +) units, but, just a quick question I want to retain the DAB so obviously I would buy a DAB compatible unit, but is it the same as a 'normal' unit swap, i.e. just a standard VW connector on the back which already includes the DAB wiring etc etc? Or because it has a DAB unit does it come with extra wiring etc etc? i.e. is it just a straight swap?

I asked in here as there isnt much info out there about these new Beetles and I know that some Skodas have been coming with DAB so just wondered if anyone had taken the units out for any reason and knew what the wiring was like behind?

Thanks in advance.

It should be easier to buy an RNS315DAB than an RNS510DAB, the latter have been released but there don't seem to be many around. I'll be getting one when I can realistically afford it as I would like sat nav, DAB and to retain the functionality of my retrofitted MDI and Fiscon.

Do you know if the RNS315 is DAB as standard? I am kicking myself now really as the RNS315DAB was only a £300 option when we ordered the car but decided against it, but now I fancy it!!! eBay they are around £400! I have asked the dealer if I can add it but they have said its too late! Typical!

if you want satnav -you'll need a GPS receiver for the radio -normally they are built in to the rooftop aerial but you may or may not have the correct aerial and the wiring to connect it to the RNS -I think it's a dark blue Fakra connector. If not you could always get a small receiver and hide it behind the dash somewhere.

Everything else should be a straight swap. You will have a white double Fakra for the FM aerial -a black one for the DAB plus the big square Quadlock connector with all the other connections.