Finally joined the vRS owners club

rhunton

Hi Guys,

Finally decided last month that I would treat myself to a 2012 FL Skoda Octavia vRS, I've always liked the look of them and my old Vauxhall Astra was starting to show its age.

So far really happy with the car, fuel consumption is far superior to the 1.9 Astra!

I'm currently installing a Zenec NC2011d as I had a Zenec in the old car and was so impressed with it I've bought one for this already.

I was after a bit of advice from other Zenec owners as to where they have run their USB upgrade / iPod cable.

On a separate note I've also got a fully registered version of VCDS so if anyone near York needs any coding doing just let me know and I should be able to assist.

Hopefully the first of many posts from me.

Rob

Welcome to VRS'ship, what engine did you go for to replace the CDTI, did you stick with diesel? Also what colour is car and have you any pics for us yet? :D

I went for the 2.0 TDI CR 170bhp.

The car is White and I've bought some black neptune alloys and I currently have my winter tyres fitted to them.

Pictures will come tomorrow after I've cleaned it with snow foam and all the other chemicals I have kicking around in the garage.

I went for the 2.0 TDI CR 170bhp.

The car is White and I've bought some black neptune alloys and I currently have my winter tyres fitted to them.

Pictures will come tomorrow after I've cleaned it with snow foam and all the other chemicals I have kicking around in the garage.

Not so bad then of course I am partial to the race blue :D but the candy white looks so good I just was too lazy with the thought of owning a white car again, cleaning etc. Black Neptune's make a world of difference to them my favourite Blackline's are the white over blue due to the wheels setting it off so well. :thumbup: With the comments on cleaning you sound like a DW veteran also?

I trust you are aware of the various options you have with regards to remapping etc :devil:

There are some days that I wish I hadn't bought a white car but at least you can see where you haven't washed. :)

I wouldn't class myself as a DW veteran, I do like the work that those guys do, I am a big fan.

Didn't manged to get the car washed today as I've been struggling with Zenec 2011D install.

Got it all installed and went for a drive to test the Sat Nav as I've hidden the GPS antenna under the dash, when playing music on the way back I was getting a stupid amount of static feedback through on the drivers side speakers.

I ripped it all out mounted the Bolero back in and the problem went away, reconnected the Zenec, same problem again. After I'd fitted the Bolero back in I noticed I still had the cable in the Aux port and it was touching ground. I'm gonna strip dash back out tomorrow and then try it again.

I've not really looked into remaps just yet, I use to have a DTUK ECO3 on the Astra but sold that, whats sort of bhp do you get out of a remapped Octavia?

There are some days that I wish I hadn't bought a white car but at least you can see where you haven't washed. :)

I wouldn't class myself as a DW veteran, I do like the work that those guys do, I am a big fan.

Didn't manged to get the car washed today as I've been struggling with Zenec 2011D install.

Got it all installed and went for a drive to test the Sat Nav as I've hidden the GPS antenna under the dash, when playing music on the way back I was getting a stupid amount of static feedback through on the drivers side speakers.

I ripped it all out mounted the Bolero back in and the problem went away, reconnected the Zenec, same problem again. After I'd fitted the Bolero back in I noticed I still had the cable in the Aux port and it was touching ground. I'm gonna strip dash back out tomorrow and then try it again.

I've not really looked into remaps just yet, I use to have a DTUK ECO3 on the Astra but sold that, whats sort of bhp do you get out of a remapped Octavia?

I've also got a standard CR170. Have been looking into a remap, and I believe that should take it to around 200+ bhp. There are loads of threads on here with considerably more info on the subject. Enjoy your car :D