Steering rack vrs

timberwolf

Hi All,

Had power steering issues and then the battery died. After reading the forum I realised that the weak battery and power steering issues could be related. I fitted a good heavy duty battery and the problem persists.

The cars currently in the garage on the ramp and the mechanic just rang to tell me the nearside steering rack boot has power steering fluid coming from it.

Question is, are they repairable? Is there an O ring or similar in there?

Thanks,

Phil

Thanks tom,

Cars in the garage on the ramp. Had to go for a garage sourced recon @ £210. :sweat:

They have them on ebay for around £150 but I just felt it could end in tears if they supplied the wrong one as I believe there are different ones for the VRS? A local breaker has some for £70 but there are no guarantees and the labours more than the steering racks worth. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet :rain:

If i could afford a bottle of whiskey I would sup it................

Look on the bright side, if you have a problem now it's on the garage, they supplied and fitted the rack so it has to be right. Just hope it's not the steering sensor/pump as they don't like running dry.

If it makes you feel any better a £395 service on a bit of equipment just cost me the best part of £1500 with about that again to be done sooner rather than later. Now about that whiskey ...