A big hello to a new forum-another newbie introducing himself

Tidzee

A big hello to all on the briskoda forum.Looks like this is gonna be another place that I spend alot of time gathering information etc.My name is Rob a have just in the last few days purchased a blue 2006 vrs estate.This was purchased for my wife who took a shine to the skoda estates and managed to convince her that the vrs was the way foward.I have spent the last couple of days getting used to the car and first impressions are that it feels very quick for a 2.0t engine.Tbh I am extremeley impressed with the whole car.I also run an audi S2 avant which is my car,this is running 300bhp at the mo.But I swear the skoda feels quicker!

Anyway I have been looking through this forum and like every other new car owner have noticed a few negatives in regards to this car.One being the problems that a few have had wwith the cam tensioner-should this as a new owner be looking at replacing the with the uprated unit?The car currently stands at 68500 miles?

Any other pointers will be greatly appreciated

Hi mate - sounds like a great buy and a really nice car.

Can't answer your question sorry but you might try the specific Octavia or tech section for that advice.

It will be the same engine as the similar age Golf or A3 I guess so you might also get the info on their forum. I would think any problems are isolated but better safe than sorry. You can google timing belt change intervals - usually 4 years, maybe 70k?

Andy.