alarm LED not flashing?

Just noticed that my red led isn't flashing once my car has locked :-s the indicators flash as normal and the locking sounds are correct. Does this mean my alarm is not active?? I've never really heard my alarm and don't really know how to set it off?

Could this be something simple like a fuse or something?

Any help would be great, cheers guys.

Leave the window open, lock the car and open the door. If the alarm goes off your OK. Possible duff LED or connector loose behind the door card.

If the alarm does not go off you have got a difficult problem to solve.

Karl

Cheers for the reply Karl!

But today I locked the car and its bloody working again, so I can only assume a dodgey connection. I'll be changing the front speakers soon so will have a look for anything obvious/give a clean when the door panel is off.

I will try setting off my alarm today as its always nice to know it works and if it were to go off ;-)

Check the wiring between the car body and the door - and the connectors at both ends. If water gets into the wiring it tends to run down to the connector behind the bonnet release or into the connectors in the door.

In my old octavia water got into the connector behind the bonnet release and caused the central locking to work Intermittently. Also the water ran done the wiring to the speaker in the door.

How many times are you pressing the button? To deadlock and set the alarm you only need to press once (many think it's twice), if you press twice that deactivates the deadlocks and interior sensors, and the led won't flash as a result.

Haha definitely pressing it the once don't worry ;-)

This may be very stupid but... I tried everything to set the alarm off....do I even have one? It's the fabia sport, I assume so because of the flashing led on the drivers side door? Or am I a complete idiot lol

Haha definitely pressing it the once don't worry ;-)

This may be very stupid but... I tried everything to set the alarm off....do I even have one? It's the fabia sport, I assume so because of the flashing led on the drivers side door? Or am I a complete idiot lol

You will have an immobiliser but not necessarily an alarm.

if you press twice that deactivates the deadlocks and interior sensors, and the led won't flash as a result.

Mine powered up the flashing led regardless of how it was locked.