Phone internet

gallego1968

Depends on what you use it for really. If it's just website browsing then 4gb will last aaaaaages. If streaming videos it'll go faster.

What phone is it? Android 4.0+ (I think) has a built in data usage tool, but you can get 3rd party ones for earlier versions. Not sure about the iPhone though.

I've got 1gb, and never gone over it before, but I tend to not bother with mobile video.

I have just changed my phone plan on my mobile which i had 50mb internet and now get 4GB internet per month. I only used the internet with my wifi at home. How much is 4GB and how long can i be on the internet before busting it.

Might have misunderstood, but if you're only using the internet at home on wifi, the data allowance doesn't apply (it'll be invisible to the mobile network) - it's only for when you're out and about and using 3G. On 3G, 4Gb is a pretty generous amount and unless you're streaming movies, etc, you won't use anywhere near that. I leave my 3G on permanently and even with daily web browsing, light sat nav use and app updates, I rarely hit 500Mb each month.

Chris

Depends what you use it for.

If it's just facebook etc then you need not worry.

Even with some youtube etc thrown in it's pretty generous.

I use about 5GB a month and I NEVER use wifi on my phone, listen to internet radio everyday, use facebook pretty much exclusively on my phone, app updates, the odd satnav map update etc etc.

Phil

4GB- wish I had that on my PC dongle. I only use mine for likes of Brisky and I usually go over by 100/200MB a month .No probs as they operate a Fair play policy ,so I don't get charged, just restricted a little .

Three all you can eat data FTW!

Phil

This

I'm on O2 and go thru my data easily so in a weeks time my upgrade is due so I will just wait another week and get the galaxy s4 on three also heared they are thinking about upgrading their customers to 4g free of charge