want to get fabia lowered

Want to get my fabia lowered, does anyone know the best place to get it done near leicestershire or in leics? I want a proper job, but im not 100% on what i need to ask for to get both appearance and performance :) as its the first time ive come to get my car lowered.

hopefully you can help :)

Depends how low you wanna go. . Buy some decent coilovers and get someone reputable to fit them?. . Probs the best option coz you can adjust them to suit you then too. .

While your at it you might aswell get new top mounts and bearings too coz the old ones will have to come out anyway to fit new sus.

• Like 1

Depends how low you wanna go. . Buy some decent coilovers and get someone reputable to fit them?. . Probs the best option coz you can adjust them to suit you then too. .

While your at it you might aswell get new top mounts and bearings too coz the old ones will have to come out anyway to fit new sus.

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/fabia1/fk-coilover-sport-edition-plus-fit-for-skoda-fabia-6y-year-01-2000 is that a decent set?

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you; however I can't really proceed with any mods until at least August (age and insurance costs being the main reason :( )

Having been lurking around here though for the last few months taking in advice from others, I'm pretty ademant that I'm going down the Coilover route as opposed to lowering springs (adjustability and ride being the main 'pro's' I seem to have gained) and have also picked up on the thought of 'you get what you pay for'!

That said, i'll probably be looking at getting some KW V1's come August :)

Regarding fitting though, where abouts are you in Leicestershire? I'm near Market Harborough, and i've already decided that i'll be making the journey over to Ali at Unit 18 (Milton Keynes) mainly due to him being so highly recommended by other users on here!

I was the same but insurance has calmed down abit this year :D:D, yeah i've seemed to pick up that too, everyone has coilovers. Could you link me to these KW V1's please because again this seems to be what everyone goes for??

What the garage called? Im loughborough

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you; however I can't really proceed with any mods until at least August (age and insurance costs being the main reason :( )

Having been lurking around here though for the last few months taking in advice from others, I'm pretty ademant that I'm going down the Coilover route as opposed to lowering springs (adjustability and ride being the main 'pro's' I seem to have gained) and have also picked up on the thought of 'you get what you pay for'!

That said, i'll probably be looking at getting some KW V1's come August :)

Regarding fitting though, where abouts are you in Leicestershire? I'm near Market Harborough, and i've already decided that i'll be making the journey over to Ali at Unit 18 (Milton Keynes) mainly due to him being so highly recommended by other users on here!

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&p=G10282003∂=Skoda-Fabia-Mk1-6Y-Hatch-Estate-incl-vRS-KW-Coilovers-Variant-1-Inox wow! is this them? there not cheap

Go with ap or wietec for a good mid range. I have heard they do not do the kw v1 basics any more just the ones you have found. The kw basics have been replaced by weitec hicon gt as they are made by the same company.

Go with ap or wietec for a good mid range. I have heard they do not do the kw v1 basics any more just the ones you have found. The kw basics have been replaced by weitec hicon gt as they are made by the same company.

the weitec are same prie as KW V1. AP come up abit cheaper. If your not going to need to ajust the ride height after whats the advantage of coilovers instead of the lowering springs which work out alot cheaper?

+1 love my weitecs, had ak's before only lasted a year lots of rust and one failed shock, when I contacted there customer support they said it would take 6 months to get a new one?

the weitec are same prie as KW V1. AP come up abit cheaper. If your not going to need to ajust the ride height after whats the advantage of coilovers instead of the lowering springs which work out alot cheaper?

With coilovers your getting a matched damper so overall its a complete upgrade ..

With lowering springs you use your standard dampers, and any lower than 30mm and its gonna ride like crap.

I've got weitec hicon gt's on mine . . Wound rite down (probs about 80+mm lower than standard) and its not uncomfortable at all. . Done over 500miles in a day n not had a broken back or any aches due to harsh ride.

As said you get what you pay for. . . And kw are now just weitecs coz they were all the same anyway. :-)