VCDS not connecting

posterboy

K1 is one of two diagnostic communication lines that run between controllers and out to the diagnostic port. Your interface is telling you that K1 is shorted to ground which means the tool cannot communicate with the controllers and it may mean that controllers cannot communicate with each other.

Yes it is wired between the controllers in the car and the diagnostic port. You will need a wiring diagram to find and troubleshoot the problem.

Edited by bearthebruce

Yeah as stated before the tool is telling you you have a short to earth on the K line,you will need a wiring diagram to use and follow the cable from the EOBD socket to the ecu if this is beyond the realms of your skill set ( and i am sorry i do not mean any offence) the other thing you can do is cut the K line and run another wire from the ecu to eobd socket even as a temp measure to see if you get comms back.

Full car details,including age,engine size etc would help too.

• 3 weeks later...

Your wire runs from the dlc pin 7 to pin 25 grey/white through the dash then onto the ecu pin 11 dash to pin 6 green/black wire.

Many thanks, can you please tell me where you saw got this info?

• 2 months later...

Don't know if its the same issue I had with my sons ibiza

To fix the issue I removed the radio and this solved it, then found easier way was remove radio fuse and heater blower fuse then diag works perfect no short on k and was able to erase the errors then put the fuses back in

Hi PJ and welcome to Briskoda :)

Was it the original factory radio or an aftermarket one? It seems that some of the Quadlock to ISO adaptors will misroute a cable or two. (There was a posting in the ICE section where someone was using the wrong wire from the car side to try and trigger an amp.)

Hi PJ and welcome to Briskoda :)

Was it the original factory radio or an aftermarket one? It seems that some of the Quadlock to ISO adaptors will misroute a cable or two. (There was a posting in the ICE section where someone was using the wrong wire from the car side to try and trigger an amp.)

it was all stock radio etc, I the control unit has failed so will try a new one soon, however my work around was good

enough to reset the engine management light after I replaced the lamda sensor