FABIA 1.4 2002 front wheels moving but mechanic says i have new droplinks and bushes and wishbones are prefect?

hi there my 2 front wheels are moving forwards and backwards about 2-4cm each way? ive had it at the garage and its been fitted with 2 new droplinks, and mechanic says my wishbones are in great condition and also the bushes? but 4 of my friends have said that they bushes are knackered? i dont not what to do? as the mechanic says there has got to be a bit of play in the front wheels? is this true? thanks and all the best stuart

Yes, he is right. If you don't feel the car is moving from side to side, while there is not steering input, on high speeds then the bushes are good. Try that with on and off throttle. If you are changing the rear wish bone bushes you are better off with the cobra ones or after market.

Did you follow my advice on checking the bushes yourself in the thread you posted about this yesterday? Normally people stick to one thread as it makes things easier :)