Dash Trim....but not wood this time

DrPinball

Hi All,

My first post (after the members list) after ordering our Yeti last week and lurking here in the forums a little longer..

First up a big thanks to the folk here, the information I gained really helped me to get the car we wanted, despite the dealers insistence that there was no sat nav other than the Columbus (apparently they had sold 4 customers Pioneers as they were a bit cheaper).

Now I'm hoping for a little help, I really do not like the brushed silver dash insert and we would love to swap it out for the piano black variant - like this:

http://www.superskod...-LAURIN-KLEMENT

The question is does anyone know where to order this for a right hand drive with the associated switch panel? I'm struggling to locate the VAG numbers let alone a company who can order them.

I imagine that now the L&K is available in the UK, that the trim must be on Skoda's spares inventory. You may want to also look at ordering the same trim piece as fitted to the Yeti "Urban" model. It is a metal (not plastic) "carbon like" trim piece - dark grey and black. I would think though that the L&K version comes complete with the L&K name attached as well, so a bit naff if being fitted to a non L&K version, and removing it may damage the trim.

It's the high gloss black that appeals, unfortunately our dealer could not find the codes (not surprising when he also could not find the sat nav options though). See your point about the L&K logo but as I have some mod plans to inset a graphic I'm OK with it.

Alternatively you can just take off the silver trims and wrap them in 3M gloss black. You just need a hairdryer. Someone on here wrapped his non silver bits in a silver look. I also suspect this will be much cheaper than getting all new parts.

See this thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/185302-brushed-alloy-interior-trim/

• 4 weeks later...

Well here's a little good news I've finally received a manufacture date (6/5) and as an apology for the delay my dealer has ordered piano black dash inlays (without the L&K) plus some outside trim and offered to fit them for us before delivery. With what we've saved we have coughed up for a cheap personalised number so I won't have a '13' plate, may help with the old luck a bit :-)

Well here's a little good news I've finally received a manufacture date (6/5) and as an apology for the delay my dealer has ordered piano black dash inlays (without the L&K) plus some outside trim and offered to fit them for us before delivery. With what we've saved we have coughed up for a cheap personalised number so I won't have a '13' plate, may help with the old luck a bit :-)

That is a good result! I wonder if there will be a spike in personal number plates this year so as to not have that pesly 13 on cars?!