My new car.... V6 inside :)

simmo3187

Hi all

Well I sold the fabia almost 3 weeks ago now as I decided I needed to go back to something bigger... I came from a vectra c with the exterior pack to the fabia and now back to a vectra

Picked her up yesterday...

3.0 V6 CDTI Elite

image_zps8c7fbda2.jpg

image_zps43540422.jpg

T2eC16RHJG8E9nyfnT5BRJq43coJw60_12_zpsb5320e82.jpg

T2eC16JQE9s3HEEF8BRJqgvGw6w60_12_zps8a620e5b.jpg

image_zps78684eb5.jpg

KGrHqFrUFDfr5UGZVBRJqgNNw60_12_zpsd8551355.jpg

nice looking car though, i used an old skool v6 vectra for banger racing years ago and i must admit it was actually quite a good car much as it pains me to admit it, absolutely solid car, great engine too.. swmbo loves vauxhalls but i'm always wary of the hideous electrical issues they all suffer from..

i think you might be being a bit optimistic in saying you'll get 45mpg from it, i would say 30mpg tops but you would have to drive like a saint to get that too

FWIW, I can get 47 on a run out of my 330d (best is just over 50 for an entire tank). Normal driving sees early 40's (ish) in this cold weather, so I doubt the V6 would be too far off? If driven hard it soon plummets though.

I thought these suffered from lots of engine issues though? When I was looking at SAABs with them in, people were hesitant about them. (Hope it's not true for you though!)

Either way, enjoy! Imagine it'll be a lot comfier than the Fabia.

Edited by TriggerFish

FWIW, I can get 47 on a run out of my 330d (best is just over 50 for an entire tank). Normal driving sees early 40's (ish) in this cold weather, so I doubt the V6 would be too far off? If driven hard it soon plummets though.

I thought these suffered from lots of engine issues though? When I was looking at SAABs with them in, people were hesitant about them. (Hope it's not true for you though!)

Either way, enjoy! Imagine it'll be a lot comfier than the Fabia.

Thanks very much

This ones a well looked after example :)

06 plate with only 56k on the clock and full main dealer service history so fingers crossed...

I almost bought another 1.9 cdti 150 as I had one before but even worse faults on those really

Fingers crossed indeed then :)

Even if it does turn out to be troublesome compared to the 1.9 version the smoothness/noise (well, as much as any derv can sound good! ;) ) of 6 cylinders is worth it alone!

I did look at one of them once upon a time. 38mpg seemed to be the ball park for a real world average.

I believe the're quite chippable to well over 200hp

I did look at one of them once upon a time. 38mpg seemed to be the ball park for a real world average.

I believe the're quite chippable to well over 200hp

Indeed they are to around 215bhp but I would never use a tuning box ever again

They are remapable but the ecu needs to be removed then bench tuned

Unfortunately there are too many stories of broken fuel pumps on mapped/boxed one so i'll leave well alone for the minute

Until I get brave one day and do it myself ;)