Stop /Start on Octavia 3

Hi all Just a quick question noticed that stop/start engine system on the new octavia .

Will it apply on the Elegance DSg and how will it work

Sorry but I am an older ( now 76 ) supporter of Skoda having no had 8 octavias and not come accross

this

Yes. I tested a 2.0 diesel GSD last weekend. Stopped at traffic lights, holding the car on the footbrake, still in drive. A few seconds later the engine stopped. Lights changed, removed my foot off the brake pedal and the engine sprung into life and off we went. There are several driving modes you can select, Normal, Sport, Econ, and Custom. I noticed when set to Econ the engine stop kicked in sooner than when set to Sport. As more and more traffic lights at crossroads in cities are fitted with pedestrian phases it is comforting to know you are not waisting fuel unnecessarily during the longer dwell times. I'm told the engine management system decides when it is inappropriate to use the stop/start system depending upon the energy used by lights etc.

Darnell, good choice. The DSG is a fantastic gearbox. With stop / start, even better!

I hope the weeks pass quickly! Enjoy your new car!