Whats the benefit of fitting cupra R wishbones, hubs etc ?

As title really.

Just wondering what the benefit is of fitting a cupra R subframe with wishbones, hubs, is over the standard vRS items ?

I know the steering rack is quicker with less turns lock to lock, so thats a worthwhile upgrade, as is the bigger arb, but i'm not sure what the advantage of the wishbones and hubs are ?

Arms are cast and stronger and running 1 degree bush

The hubs where the balljoint joins is around 1.5inch lower creating a much better angle especially on a lowered car

Overall feel is a might nicer turn in

More feel through the front end

Slightly heavier steering but in a good way

There is also adjustment on the ball joint to really fine tune the geometry

• Like 2

As title really.

Just wondering what the benefit is of fitting a cupra R subframe with wishbones, hubs, is over the standard vRS items ?

I know the steering rack is quicker with less turns lock to lock, so thats a worthwhile upgrade, as is the bigger arb, but i'm not sure what the advantage of the wishbones and hubs are ?

Also combined with a Wavetrac diff and you will have a seriously well handling octy.

Also combined with a Wavetrac diff and you will have a seriously well handling octy.

Very well handling............ But not invincable aye petey :D

LEGENDARY !!!!

I think thats a keeper experience aye ;)

Whatever doesnt kill us will only make us strong ate mate ;)

I need that set up :)

Nearly 90 one way and then 70 ish the other !!!

Hehe under the box "how sideways" i was going to answer "yes"

He did well :)

The car that was going the otherway was prob not as impressed with mr petey

:) awesome fun.... And the fact u got to drive it back home was a awesome bonus lol

All hail crazy pete ;)

But you know your a life down now mind dont you mate :D

As title really.

A big benefit buddy as folks have mentioned.

Best mod i did for chassis apart from RARB.

As the LCR share same set up as Golf R32/ Audi TT/ S3 using the same cast alloy Wishbone and being slightly longer dimension than the VRS ones.

Also you are only half doing the job if you do not use the Hubs from the same mentioned cars, as the way the Hub / bottom ball joints fit to these arms from the same cars make the wishbone sit at a more horizontal level. On the VRS arms as you start lowering the car the arms start to get a negative angle that causes wheel hop or jumpy /choppy suspension to road balance. Even with the suspension lowered the cast wishbones are sitting horizontal. These arms also allow for more camber /castor set up when used with TT hubs and adjustable castor bushes of which i have got also. The difference in turn in and general suspension stability is like night and day(how the car should of been in the first place). Add to this mix a R32 FARB(23mm) and quick rack(2.5 turns as apposed to 3.4 turns on VRS) and then you really have a great front suspension set up.

few pics of mine

Cast Wishbones with castor adjuster bushes

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul039.jpg

fitted wishbones

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul059.jpg

You can see the near horizontal wishbone (and my car is very low)

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul087.jpg

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul080.jpg

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul076.jpg

You can also see the much longer distance the lower ball joint is located on the bottom of the TT hub( the TT HUB is a must as well to get best out of the conversion)

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul071.jpg

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul067.jpg

If you are getting a LCR subframe and parts you will benefit will all these parts including the better double bushes over the std VRS single bushes.

You may consider the extra caster bushes as I did to really make the conversion spot on.

I even added extra bracing to my subframe (as per the TT Roadster) not intent without fiddling me. :rofl:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240661-vrs-chassis-mods-done-good-results/page__hl__%20audi%20%20tt%20%20wishbones

A big benefit buddy as folks have mentioned.

Best mod i did for chassis apart from RARB.

As the LCR share same set up as Golf R32/ Audi TT/ S3 using the same cast alloy Wishbone and being slightly longer dimension than the VRS ones.

Also you are only half doing the job if you do not use the Hubs from the same mentioned cars, as the way the Hub / bottom ball joints fit to these arms from the same cars make the wishbone sit at a more horizontal level. On the VRS arms as you start lowering the car the arms start to get a negative angle that causes wheel hop or jumpy /choppy suspension to road balance. Even with the suspension lowered the cast wishbones are sitting horizontal. These arms also allow for more camber /castor set up when used with TT hubs and adjustable castor bushes of which i have got also. The difference in turn in and general suspension stability is like night and day(how the car should of been in the first place). Add to this mix a R32 FARB(23mm) and quick rack(2.5 turns as apposed to 3.4 turns on VRS) and then you really have a great front suspension set up.

few pics of mine

Cast Wishbones with castor adjuster bushes

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul039.jpg

fitted wishbones

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul059.jpg

You can see the near horizontal wishbone (and my car is very low)

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul087.jpg

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul080.jpg

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul076.jpg

You can also see the much longer distance the lower ball joint is located on the bottom of the TT hub( the TT HUB is a must as well to get best out of the conversion)

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul071.jpg

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul067.jpg

If you are getting a LCR subframe and parts you will benefit will all these parts including the better double bushes over the std VRS single bushes.

You may consider the extra caster bushes as I did to really make the conversion spot on.

I even added extra bracing to my subframe (as per the TT Roadster) not intent without fiddling me. :rofl:

http://www.briskoda.... tt wishbones

I bought an LCR subframe, wishbones, hubs, steering rack (with the arms), arb (with those stupidly long droplinks that won't fit my quality coilovers).

I bought an LCR subframe, wishbones, hubs, steering rack (with the arms), arb (with those stupidly long droplinks that won't fit my quality coilovers).

You mean quality drop links that won't fit cheap coilovers like those "pro sport" needing stupid none OEM merc drop links. :rofl:

As you have them already you can just swap over buddy. :thumbup:

Mind you they are on your track VRS so which car you fitting the subframe to??

You mean quality drop links that won't fit cheap coilovers like those "pro sport" needing stupid none OEM merc drop links. :rofl:

As you have them already you can just swap over buddy. :thumbup:

Mind you they are on your track VRS so which car you fitting the subframe to??

These bits are going on the trackcar.

I want this set up

Where do u all find the full sets and subframes

Think billy has a complete set up for sale and as everyone knows he's completely ott about stuff so will be in perfect nick lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!