Viper Stripes on a Yeti

wilkenstein

Ok, so I'm awaiting delivery of my Yeti Elegance Greenline in Pacific Blue and thinking after the racing blue vRS it might feel a bit dull colour-wise. So i was thinking of perhaps getting some viper stripes, either silver or white down the whole length of it, just off centre over the passenger side, from tail to nose straight over the roof.

I've seen one picture of someone that's put a single viper stripe down the bonnet of a red Yeti, but no others.

So has anyone seen/got any pictures of anything similar AND what do you think of this idea in general?

.... And go!!

I like viper stripes but the problem is you can always be lumped in with all the other boy racers that have them fitted to clio's and corsa's

But can sympathise with you that the pacific blue yeti is a bit bland as mine is pacific and also a greenline the ideas I have been pondering is wether to get the roof a different colour.

This was mainly due to seeing a pacific blue fabia the other day with a white roof and in my opinion looked really good.

I like viper stripes but the problem is you can always be lumped in with all the other boy racers that have them fitted to clio's and corsa's

But can sympathise with you that the pacific blue yeti is a bit bland as mine is pacific and also a greenline the ideas I have been pondering is wether to get the roof a different colour.

This was mainly due to seeing a pacific blue fabia the other day with a white roof and in my opinion looked really good.

No don't do it, Yetigreenline2 is correct it will associate you as a boy racer. Go for the white roof instead even it painted retrospectively. With Pacific blue it would look great. My Rosso Brunello would have had a Silver Roof but I went for the Glass sunroof instead and there is not enough roof left to paint

Go for the white roof instead even it painted retrospectively.

No-one paints cars anymore. Even if (or especially if) you just want to do a roof or "viper" stripe. You vinyl it. So to the OP why don't you just vinyl clad your ENTIRE Yeti with some fluffy white furry print vinyl? :-) THAT will surely stand out! But at £1,200 or so not cheap!

Jokes aside: go for the stripe but keep it in the centre of the car. Stripes to one side really look daft and it looks as if your money ran out before you could pay for the other one on the driver's side. That's why most factory fitted MINI stripes come in pairs...

No-one paints cars anymore. Even if (or especially if) you just want to do a roof or "viper" stripe.

My neighbour recently had their BMW/Mini roof painted, originally black now with a white roof. It was done by an approved insurance bodyshop. They paid £495.00 plus VAT. It looks great

My neighbour recently had their BMW/Mini roof painted, originally black now with a white roof. It was done by an approved insurance bodyshop. They paid £495.00 plus VAT. It looks great

Crazy fools is all I'll say!!! But then they do drive a MINI. Vinyl would have been half that price (I guess) AND the next owner could easily have peeled it off if they didn't like it.

Quoted £60 to wrap the roof matt black in wife's new white UP - a saving of £435 on mini paint job quoted - and as Johann says, can be removed later if needed.

There you go!!! So a MINI would have been, what, £20 more (bigger roof), if that? So £415 wasted by your neighbours jonceebee! Just don't tell them. :giggle: :giggle:

send me the stripes, i'll put em on and do you a photo :giggle:

Nice try ;) but I like your style.

Crazy fools is all I'll say!!! But then they do drive a MINI. Vinyl would have been half that price (I guess) AND the next owner could easily have peeled it off if they didn't like it.

Completely agree, so I would definitely go vinyl anyway if I do go for it.

Quoted £60 to wrap the roof matt black in wife's new white UP - a saving of £435 on mini paint job quoted - and as Johann says, can be removed later if needed.

That's a great price, I've been quoted £220+VAT for the full length vinyl 'Viper Stripes' from a very reputable sign writer, and car/van 'wrapper'.

Far more sensible than ordering one with a contrasting roof and paying £££ for the priviledge IMO.

If the colour combo wears thin at least you can take it off!