-
Question Related Instrument Cluster/Trip Computer
It may also explain why I haven’t had any software problems………yet!
-
Question Related Instrument Cluster/Trip Computer
Further to my previous post I can confirm that it does show all three lanes on a motorway.
-
Question Related Instrument Cluster/Trip Computer
This is the hardware/software on my Superb. I took delivery of it 5 weeks ago. I haven't monitored the screen enough to see what display I get on a 3 lane motorway and generally turn off lane assist. I also use Waze rather than the in-built satnav.
-
Air conditioning
Does anyone have any views on how often you should get your air conditioning re-gassed?
-
Which engine?
I have owned a Mk3 diesel 150bhp and a petrol 190. The petrol version really gives you brilliant acceleration compared with the diesel but you do get a bit less mpg. Personally I would go for the 190 but it is all a matter of personal choice and how much you value that extra ability to overtake easily.
-
Superb towbar
This towbar is for cars from CW28/2025 but only for cars with towbar preparation https://catalog.skoda-auto.com/eu/en/tow-bar-foldable-superb-iv/p/3P0092160H
-
“Towbar Preparation “
I have had two Superb Mk3's with towbars which I use for cycle racks. The first was an aftermarket towbar which needed software to link it in to the car. The second, and my current Superb, has a factory fitted towbar. Basically cycles block the rear light clusters very effectively and unless you link the lights on the towbar to the car you will have a major problem. I have a Mk.4 Superb on order with a factory fitted towbar but if you have a Mk.4 without a towbar and it doesn't have towbar preparation already then unfortunately I cannot really see a way forward. If it does have towbar preparation then a dealer can fit this https://catalog.skoda-auto.com/eu/en/tow-bar-foldable-superb-iv/p/3P0092160H
-
Order and delivery times for MK4 Superb
The dealership that I ordered the car from The dealership I ordered the car from.
-
Order and delivery times for MK4 Superb
I ordered a Skoda Superb Estate SEL 2.0TSi at the end of March and was originally quoted 10 weeks. I am now told there is a problem with the Cobalt Blue colour and there will be a delay but no timescale quoted. Has anyone else ordered a Superb recently and been given any timescales for their car?
-
Dashcam recommendations for Superb 4
I have a Nextbase 622W in my Mk3 Superb. It works ok but I agree with others that their customer service is awful and very unhelpful. I had to send mine back because it wouldn't charge properly and even after returning it it is still poor. Very unhelpful on the phone too, if you can get hold of them.
-
Upgrade from Mk3 to Mk4?
Well when I started this thread I had no idea how many helpful replies I would get so thank you to everyone. I have now taken the plunge and ordered an SE L with the 2.0 TSi 204PS engine, towbar and parking package. This is clearly not the most economical engine but I do like my current 2.0 TSi 190PS engine and as long as it does about the same mpg I am happy, though current petrol prices are a bit of a downer! I also got a very heavy discount on the car but don’t take delivery until June. I would be most interested to hear from anyone who has experience of the 2.0 TSi engine.
-
Upgrade from Mk3 to Mk4?
That sounds like an expensive vet bill....!!!
-
Upgrade from Mk3 to Mk4?
Very helpful comments. My latest Mk3 is a 2021 version and has all the good things like LED headlights with automatic beam control, good adaptive cruise control and a factory fitted tow bar which I use a lot. The 190bhp petrol engine really powers the car well when you put your foot down and it hasn’t got the annoying ADAS systems, so at the moment I’m not seeing anything that tempts me to change. Willing to be convinced though.
-
Hozz started following Upgrade from Mk3 to Mk4?
-
Upgrade from Mk3 to Mk4?
Having had two Mk3 versions of the Superb I am wondering about replacing my present Mk3 with a Mk4. Any views from those that have experienced both models would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
-
Few questions regarding a used Superb (including 1.5 vs 2.0 TSI and mpg question)
I used to have a 2.0TDi and now have the 2.0 TSi, I haven't driven the 1.5TSi. The 2.0TDi was good but I find the 2.0TSi absolutely brilliant. OK the mpg is about 30 round town and 40-45 on a motorway which is obviously less than the diesel but it is fun and the acceleration is great. I retrofitted a towbar on the diesel and have a factory fitted towbar on the 2.0TSi. The retrofitted one was fine but if you are towing be careful with the oil temperatures. On the diesel, and I was only using the towbar as a cycle rack carrier, the oil temperature would get up to 113 degrees or more on a hot day. On the 2.0TSi, because the towbar is factory fitted and it includes an enhanced cooling system, the temperature never exceeds 99 degrees.