Yay! Picked my yeti up today

shrops_paul

Brilliant. Love it. 110 bhp tdi but it feels plenty nippy enough. I was worried it would be sluggish but it's quite nippy. On the 2 hour drive home I had plenty of confidence to overtake mr. Magoo on the A roads. And 48mpg easily as well. Perfect.

It's a 2010 muscovado brown SE with the sun roof and self park as well.

Just two problems. No key for the locking wheels. Hoping the garage have this somewhere so will call them. I asume I can remove the existing nuts and replace with new from a dealer?

Also I'm not sure I have the full toolkit. If I have no spare and a compressor with gunk should there be a jack too or not? All I have is gunk, compressor, tow loop and the tweezers for the caps on the nuts. the hole seems like its big enough to accommodate more!

• Like 1

Are you sure the wheel nut key isn't in the plastic moulding to the side of where the "gunk" is?

That's where mine is, it's in a moulded hole - now I guess that will cause a comment from some body?

I'm not so sure they are locking nuts now. I washed it today and looking at it although theres 1 nut on each wheel with no cap, it looks normal shape rather than special key shape. Weird. Anyway, its not that different to anyone else’s brown Yeti but here it is for your viewing pleasure :)

post-1129-0-11916600-1365359536_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I'm not so sure they are locking nuts now. I washed it today and looking at it although theres 1 nut on each wheel with no cap, it looks normal shape rather than special key shape. Weird.

I reckon a picture of the wheel nuts would have been pretty useful too :giggle:

I'd be asking the dealer for some new caps too then!