Cant get into my car please help

Hi, sorry to post up - I did search but cant find the exact answer.

I have a 98 octavia and I cant get in to it - all the doors open fine except the drivers door, it does not have remote locking on the key fob.

I can open the drivers door from the inside but not from the outside, all other doors lock and function fine.

Clearly something has broken inside my drivers door, I thought it was a cable so I bought a cable and pulled off the door card but inside the door I cannot see any obvious snapped or lose cables.

I dont want to waste any more money on parts I dont need, does anyone know which part I need to order please?

Thanks

Rob

rob have yout aken out the lock barrel, you need to check that the cable release pull is attached to the handle, thats the bit that unlocks the mechanism when you pull the handle, you can only see this from the outside with the lock barrel removed, to remove there are couple of torx screws under a plastic cover on the inside edge of the door ie the door shut, release, but not too much or it will fall down, then you will have to take apart the door to get to it.

no probs, it kinda slots into the handle with grooves, you can adjust the slack till its correct by fitting forward on back in the channel.