Gotten my Citigo - a qeustion.

pagh

Hi,

Recieved my new CItigo last week, and been using the weekend working on it.

It´s the greentech version so it should be 15mm lower, compared to a normal version, or?

So - if i get the H&R lowering springs which lower 35-40mm - will that only be 20-25mm on the greentech version?

Doing my own little mods, so it becomes my car.

So far i have installed a different radio, tinted the rear ligts and side repeaters and lined the boot with some asphalt plates to help dampen vibrations.

Next will be lining the boot with gray filt, to match the original and protect from scratches.

Also on the list is installing a boot light - or 2.

Regards, Michael :-)

Edited by pagh

Pictures? :)

Not at the moment, but i can put some up in the next days.

My lovely Nokia Lumia 920 (my 3rd, the 2 others where faulty within 14 days) has developed a fault with the camera, and just shows a black screen. :wonder:

So need to dust off my DSLR and take some pictures. :rock:

Oh yeah, another qeustion:

Regarding the boot light, my plan was to install one or two 12v LED lights.

I remember seeing someone that had taken the 12v+ from the boot switch, from a wire running in the a-pillar - i think it was blue-white.

Does anyone know or have seen what i´m talking about, and can put up a link?

I have been looking for the last ½ hour, but can´t seem to find it again. :blush:

Regarding your boot light question, I brought to led lights of amazon which are really bright! There also magnetic so no problem finding somewhere to hang them. I can't get the link up but if you copy a. Paste this into amazon they should come up. About £3 each delivered if I remember correctly.... Am-Tech 24 LED Round Magnetic Work Light Torch With Integral Hook And Magnet

Regarding the boot light, my plan was to install one or two 12v LED lights.

I remember seeing someone that had taken the 12v+ from the boot switch, from a wire running in the a-pillar - i think it was blue-white.

Does anyone know or have seen what i´m talking about, and can put up a link?

I have been looking for the last ½ hour, but can´t seem to find it again. :blush:

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/boot-lights_topic3193.html

• Like 1

So today I fitted lights in the boot and have started to line the arches. I have added some thick felt in different places, to help protect the bodywork, but also the things I throw in there.

Tomorrow I'm going to fit some grey felt, so it should look pretty ok. Couldn't get the exact same grey color, but it's better than nothing.

It's not going to be a master piece, but it will be functional and offer some protection for the car. uzamasyg.jpg

Sendt fra min LG-E975 med Tapatalk2

Wow! It looks very plush and very professional. Congratulations. :sun:

Have you driven any distance with the new sound deadening and if so, is it any quieter?

Edited by JimmyR

Lookin' good Pagh! B) :clap: I want to do something similar when ours finally arrives, but I doubt my effort will look half so good.

I haven´t done anything like this before. I´ve applied felt to a square sub-box before and thats all the experience i had prior to this.

It´s a bit difficult with all the angles, but i was able to stretch the felt a bit.

I started by gluing the middle part of each piece in place, and then cut it to fit - a real p.i.t.a. but i felt it was the best way to do it.

The difficult thing was to cut everything to fit afterwards. My back....i´m only 28, but i felt like an old man standing in weird positions in order to cut everything correctly. :beer:

I like the way it turned out. Yes, there is a color difference in the felt, but it looks worse in a picture.

It´s something i would recommend everyone to do.

Edited by pagh

Wow! It looks very plush and very professional. Congratulations. :sun:

Have you driven any distance with the new sound deadening and if so, is it any quieter?

Thank you very much. :giggle:

The asphalt plates made a big difference. Before there was some resonance around 85km/h, but that was almost gone afterwards.

I think it may be the exhaust making resonance into the boot floor. I don´t have a spare wheel, so there wasn´t anything to dampen the vibrations.

I´ve also had the car undersealed with wax / Dinitrol, so i guess that also absorbs a lot of noise.

A lot of people say that the Up/Mii/Citigo make a lot of noise in the wet, when the water splashes into the rear wheelarches.

I have no idea what they are talking about. After all this, i get nothing like that at all.

To me the car is pretty quiet now. :thumbup:

Edited by pagh
  • Like 1