Petrol running costs

With my previous cars I've never really bothered to monitor fuel costs, but thought I might on my recently acquired 1.8 superb petrol Estate.

I filled up

zeroed the trip

went on a long run.

filled up

divided cost by miles

came out about 18p per mile

is that about right.?

I think that is a better indicator than miles per gallon.

So each time I make a trip to say Villa Park, or to visit my friend Tarquin, I can see approx what that trip has cost me in terms of fuel, and decide if it was worth the effort.

Is this being a bit pathetic?

It's a website that lets you monitor your fuel consumption, and gives you various data such as cost per mile, average price paid for fuel, and lets you compare with others with similar vehicles.

Is this being a bit pathetic?

If it is a bit pathetic, take comfort that there is a whole website dedicated to us!

:-)

Sent via Tapatalk

Hi LeWrat

comin to sarfend shortly to visit aunt uncle and cousins. dad came from london road Westcliffe.

Spect we will go down the front for a Rossis and to Leigh for some cockles

Innit Larvley

If it's of interest, my 1.8TSI reported mpg was exactly 7% too high than actual as measured brim to brim. Now corrected via VCDS.

Road Trip Lite is a free iOS app which gives you mpg, cost per mile etc. I tried a few and this was the best for my needs. FuelLog on Android is similar. The advantage is you can tap in the figures while in the car.

Never thought of looking for a smartphone app...... Tend to log all my fuel and service details in a little Rhodia leather-covered notebook - maybe that makes me a bit of a 'Tarquin'. (But it's my daughter, not me, who dresses out of the Jack Wills catalogue)