Went home only to find a small dent on the drivers rear side pillar!

Not happy today. Left work and when i got to my car i noticed small white marks what i thought were scratches! On closer inspection i find there is a dent about 2 inches accross on the rear driverside pillar ie rear side & boot window. Luckily i was able to wipe the what i thought were scratches off which actually was white paint, now i've got this small dent but no paint damage. Is it worth me claiming this on my insurance so they get it fixed or better to leave it? It's not very nice to have a dent but unless you really look you can't really see it. It's not my day today :(

Don't you know who parked next to you at work? Presumably someone who will park a white car some distance away from you tomorrow :) In a world of reasonable people you should be able to speak to them and just get it sorted through chipsaway or someone like that. Won't cost much and not worth claiming on insurance.

think yourself lucky it was just that! a pdr guy should sort it cheaply - doubt theres need to claim on insurance unless you want your premiums t go up. 2 weeks ago some drove into my rear quarter and drove off. came out a shop to find a dent the full length of the rear quarter and bumper. £450 out my own pocket...

If there is no paint damage you may be best getting a local "Dent master" type to come & remove the dent for you,its amazing what they can do nowadays.

A dent master? Where can i find myself one of those? Would they be advertised in the Yellow Pages?

think yourself lucky it was just that! a pdr guy should sort it cheaply - doubt theres need to claim on insurance unless you want your premiums t go up. 2 weeks ago some drove into my rear quarter and drove off. came out a shop to find a dent the full length of the rear quarter and bumper. £450 out my own pocket...

Mate, that's really bad :( Imho that should be regarded as commiting a crime and the person who commited it should be prosecuted. Sadly most of these people get away scott free! :(

Don't you know who parked next to you at work? Presumably someone who will park a white car some distance away from you tomorrow :) In a world of reasonable people you should be able to speak to them and just get it sorted through chipsaway or someone like that. Won't cost much and not worth claiming on insurance.

Where i work we don't have a staff car park. We have to park on the public road which is not very busy as it's mainly used for local residents. Oddly last week a flat bed truck was parked near where i parked today which had scafold poles on the back, obviously i didn't park there at the time worried one of those poles would go through my windscreen.

Unfortunately i can't really see my car from where i work as i work in a care home, so i've got no idea if this truck turned up this morning or not? It could have been a lot worse though.

V annoying for you. White 11 reg i20 left white paint and 2 small chips on my driver's door last week. Had all paint mopped and sprayed last Aug and wanted to keep it nice for sale for TSI or new VRS. Only consolation is the i20 had a chip on the edge of its door. The difference is that people who write on this site tend to respect other persons' cars.

• Like 1

That's great mate, thanks very much for this info. :) I'll have to take some pics and post it to them to get an accurate quote.

That's great mate, thanks very much for this info. :) I'll have to take some pics and post it to them to get an accurate quote.

Got a possible quote today from Dent Master as i can't seem to send any pics of the C pillar damage via phone. The cost could be about £120 or a bit more! :( Bloke told me he'd have to drill a small hole inside the C pillar as it's solid, to blow compressed air into it to repair dent. I really wish i knew the person that caused the damage so i could send him the bill! :( Is this a reasonable price to pay?