Skoda Suberb radio replacement?

Just bought a Superb and as much as I love the car and the way the 2.5TDI goes, I just can not bring myself to like the stereo. Its the Symphony in an 02 car.

I have to admit it does what it says. It makes a noise, plays CD's etc but the sound quality is dire compared to all cars I've had in the last 5 years (my old Octavia excluded) and it just has to go. This is my problem though... What if any stereos will fit the car and hook up to the dash display and steering controls? I don't especially want to spend a mass of cash, I just want music that doesn't sound like a cushion has been put on the speaker all the time... At the moment the only way to get anything like the right sound from it is to remove loads of bass and add lots of top end, it just has no mid range to it at all.

So can it be done and if so could I afford it? I have tried looking but most posts are about Fabia and Octavia's not Superbs.

Help!!!

I think you will find there are no other units that will work the multdot display and steering controls- The OE sat nav unit has worse sound to the normal radio in the superb in my opinion so thats not an option for better sound.

I have found the radio which is the same as in the Ocatvia better sounding in the Superb.

I have just fitted a sony FX5550 to my fathers car it took me about 15 minutes and it sounds very nice but he did not have any sat nav or stering controls. The size of the unit was a normal din size.